Be Part of the First Nations Mutual Transparency and Accountability Engagement Sessions
Terrace | Fort St. John | Prince George | Kamloops | Nanaimo | Chilliwack | Vancouver
Share your perspective and help form a new approach for mutual transparency and accountability between First Nations and the Government of Canada.
The Government of Canada is inviting First Nations Chief and Council, Band Managers and Finance Managers to participate in engagement sessions to share perspectives and ideas on mutual transparency and accountability.
- Sessions run from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Breakfast, lunch and refreshments will be provided
- Travel expenses will be covered for up to two representatives to travel to the engagement session closest to their community
- Pre-registration is required
|Terrace||June 1||Skeena Diversity Society|
|Fort St. John||June 6||Treaty 8 Tribal Association|
|Prince George||June 8||Prince George Native Friendship Centre|
|Kamloops||June 13||Shuswap Nation Tribal Council|
|Nanaimo||June 15||Snuneymuxw First Nation|
|Chilliwack||June 20||Sto:lo Service Agency|
|Vancouver||June 26||Vancouver Aboriginal Friendship Centre|
Reading materials to prepare for the sessions:
- AFOA Canada Final Recommendations
- Fiscal Relations Discussion
- FN Summit Fiscal Conference – June 7– Defining a new first nations fiscal relationship with the crown
- Agenda for Engagement Session
- Worksheet questions for the Engagement Session
- Engagement Overview: Working together, building a new approach for mutual transparency and accountability between First Nations and the Government of Canada.