Workshops can be offered in your community!
Let us bring our Experience and Success to You!
Community Based Workshops
Click HERE for the full PDF version of our Workshop Brochure
AFOA BC community based workshops come to your community to provide customized professional training on an intimate scale. We are currently offering ten community based workshops.
- Essentials of First Nations Financial Management
- First Nations Strategic Planning & Community Development
- First Nations Financial Management & Governance System
- First Nations Audit & Financial Reporting
- First Nations Band Management & Best Practices
- First Nations Financial Fitness
- First Nations Financial Administrative Bylaw (FAB)
- First Nations Wealth Management
- First Nations Economic Development Corporations
- First Nations Human Resources Planning
- First Nations Financial Governance and Planning for Chief & Council – NEW!
Community Based Financial and Administrative Workshops now available in your community. Let us bring our professional training and experiences directly to you!
AFOA BC has developed a series of community-based financial and administrative two-day workshops and can deliver them directly to your community. We deliver these workshops at various times throughout the year or we can customize them specifically for your community needs.
These workshops are available at planned events throughout the year at an average cost of $400 per person for a two day workshop. We also offer the workshops to groups at a flat rate of $6000 plus travel and accommodation (based on two facilitators) for up to 20 people.
Community Tailored Workshops
Should you wish to take advantage of the group rate, on a limited basis, we can tailor the presentation to your unique needs (i.e. training for band owned businesses, corporations or non-profit organizations). This would also be a good opportunity to coordinate training through a Tribal Council. Please contact our office for more details.
There are various funding opportunities that you can take advantage of to cover the cost of our training and we encourage you to look into this (i.e. INAC’s Professional and Institutional Development Fund, AHRDA training funds).
If you have any questions please call Lisa Wolfe, Training Coordinator at 604.925.6370.