We are very excited to be hosting our Band Administration Conference as a virtual and in-person hybrid. The conference is taking place September 15-17, 2020 at Spirit Ridge Resort in Osoyoos, BC and will also be broadcast live.
In order to maintain the physical distance guidelines safely, we are limiting the amount of in-person delegates. This will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis. We are working closely with the hotel to ensure safety guidelines are being followed and encourage everyone wear a mask and use the sanitizer stations frequently.
As our Pre-Conference Workshop will be interactive with Q&A and written exercises, we will only be offering this in-person at this time.
In-person Member: $825
In-person Non-Member: $925
Virtual Member: $600
Virtual Non-Member: $700
September 15th from 1pm-4pm
September 16th from 8am – 4pm
September 17th from 8am – 2pm
Please join us on Tuesday, September 15th, 2020 at 5:00pm for our President’s Reception on the Rooftop Terrace at Spirit Ridge Resort
(we encourage masks and ask that everyone maintains 2 metre distance)
AFOA BC Band Administrator Recognition Award for 2020
The Aboriginal Financial Officers Association of BC is proud to offer the 8th Annual Band Administrator Recognition Award. The purpose of this award is to give recognition to Band Administrators who have displayed excellence and quality in their work with First Nations communities over a period of time.
Band Administrators face difficult challenges in their work and many have worked tirelessly on behalf of their community. It is time that we recognize and honour these leaders in our community.
We will be presenting this award at our annual Band Administration conference to be held at Spirit Ridge Resort in Osoyoos, BC from September 15-17, 2020.
To nominate a band administrator for this award, here are the requirements:
- 1-2 page letter describing your nominee’s excellence in areas of leadership, management, financial management or HR management. Include many examples and as much detail as possible.
- Provide your name, the nominees name and contact information, a profile, biography or resume that includes the number of years that the band administrator has been employed with the organization.
- 1 page letter of support from Chief and Council.
The recipient will be awarded with:
- Conference fees, travel and accommodation to attend the award event
- A memorable plaque
- A $1500 certificate to use towards AFOA BC products, conferences or community based workshops