Mowachaht/Muchalaht First Nation
– Are you a finance professional who wants to live, work, and play in the beautiful Gold River Region of Vancouver Island?
– Take on this opportunity to apply and build your skills and receive a competitive salary based on skills and experience.
– Use your leadership skills and experience to make a lasting difference to Mowachaht / Muchalaht First Nation.
About Mowachaht/Muchalaht First Nation
The Mowachaht/Muchalaht First Nation is located in scenic Gold River, and the Mowachaht/Muchalaht First Nations is a member nation of the Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council which spans all Nuu-chah-nulth-aht peoples. The Mowachaht are originally from Yuquot on Nootka Sound, known as Friendly Cove.
About the Opportunity
The Mowachaht/Muchalaht First Nation is seeking a motivated and strategically minded professional to fill the Chief Financial Officer position. Reporting to the Band Administrator, the CFO will be responsible for the leadership of Financial Administration.
More specifically, you will be responsible for the overall financial administration of the Mowachaht/Muchalaht First Nation and will provide leadership in areas of budget management, financial planning, financial reporting, financial policies, debt and investment management, and risk management.
For this role, we are seeking someone with a minimum of 5 years working with First Nations communities in a similar role. A Certified Professional Accountant designation will be considered an asset.
Additionally, you will possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
– Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel, and accounting software (Adagio Accounting system is preferred)
– A Certified Aboriginal Financial Management (CAFM) designation (preferred)
– Experience with First Nations, their funding agencies, and reporting requirements (asset)
– Preference will be given to candidates of First Nations Ancestry
– Supervision of all finance related staff
Similarly, strong communication, interpersonal and time management skills are essential. As a reliable, respectful and assertive leader, you will focus on building strong working relationships with all staff, while upholding and enforcing internal policies and procedures, as required. Above all, you will be a community-oriented and approachable professional with strong leadership skills.
About the Benefits
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, the successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary that is commensurate with your skills, experience, and qualifications.
In addition, you will also have access to a variety of employee benefits, including:
– Extended medical and dental plan
– Competitive pension plan
– Regular events for staff including retreats and catered lunches
– Employee and family assistance program
Upon joining the Mowachaht / Muchalaht First Nation, you will be welcomed into a friendly and supportive team and have the opportunity to make a real difference in the community.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity. APPLY TODAY at https://jobs.applyfirst.ca/jobs/106894
To apply for this job please visit jobs.applyfirst.ca.