Healthy, prosperous First Nations communities rely on effective leadership, solid economic
foundations and a strong sense of community pride. This is the premise upon which the
Aboriginal Financial Officers Association of BC (AFOA BC) was founded in 1996.
AFOA BC is about people helping people. We support the dedicated individuals working in the
fields of First Nations finance, administration and governance. By providing the highest quality
training and professional development, offering the latest tools and resources, and lobbying
for our members’ needs, we work toward a vision of social, economic and cultural prosperity
for all First Nations communities in BC.
Corporate memberships are available to businesses and organizations that work with First
Nations organizations, communities and individuals.
1. Corporate Benefits
Through a corporate membership, be recognized as a supporter and proponent of excellence
in First Nations financial and administrative management.
- Your company profile/logo and web link on AFOA BC website
- Three complimentary job postings per member per year on AFOA BC website
- Right to use AFOA BC corporate logo
- Your corporate logo on social media including Facebook
- Ability to share expertise on issues that matter by submitting a piece to AFOA BC’s
Financial Reporter newsletter
- Complimentary booth space at two conferences per year (valued at $1200)
- Initial AFOA Canada Membership (valued at $150)
2. Individual Membership Benefits
Corporate members can designate an individual of their organization to receive an AFOA BC
membership and benefits throughout the calendar year.
- Eligible for provincial government corporate rates for hotel, car rentals and other
- Member rates on professional development/training conferences and workshops for
you and 1 guest
- Receive E-bulletins and updates on First Nations financial management developments
- Receive all AFOA BC publications
- Networking opportunities with First Nations organizations and individuals involved with
financial and administrative management.
AFOA BC is interested in working with organizations that support our vision, mission and goals
and can contribute to the advancement of effective First Nations financial management,
administration and governance in BC. Please provide a brief letter on how your organization
can work with us in achieving our goals and vision and note any involvement and support you
provide First Nations communities in BC. Please include the attached application form in your
letter to us.