The conference will run from 8am-4pm on June 13th and
8am-12 pm on June 14th
Please join us on Wednesday, June 12th, 2019 at 12:00pm for our annual Golf Tournament and 6:30pm for our annual Networking Dinner at the Morningstar Golf course:
525 Lowrys Road
Tickets are $40 per person for dinner and $80 per person for golf.
Guests are welcome! Purchase with registration.
View Draft Agenda
AFOA BC Band Administrator Recognition Award for 2019
The Aboriginal Financial Officers Association of BC is proud to offer the 7th Annual Band Administrator Recognition Award. The purpose of this award is to give recognition to Band Administrators who have displayed excellence and quality in their work with First Nations communities over a period of time.
Band Administrators face difficult challenges in their work and many have worked tirelessly on behalf of their community. It is time that we recognize and honour these leaders in our community.
We will be presenting this award at our annual Band Administration conference to be held at Tigh-Na-Mara Seaside Resort in Parksville, BC from June 12-14, 2019.
To nominate a band administrator for this award, here are the requirements:
· 1-2 page letter describing your nominee’s excellence in areas of leadership, management, financial management or HR management. Include many examples and as much detail as possible.
· Provide your name, the nominees name and contact information, a profile, biography or resume that includes the number of years that the band administrator has been employed with the organization.
· 1 page letter of support from Chief and Council.
Each recipient will be awarded with:
· Conference fees, travel and accommodation to attend the award event
· A memorable plaque
· A $1500 certificate to use towards AFOA BC products, conferences or community based workshops
Applications are to be submitted to Mike Mearns at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to apply: 4pm on Fri, May 17, 2019.
We look forward to your submission and if you have any questions about this award, contact our office at 604.925.6370 or email Mike Mearns at email@example.com